project havoc 98cc

Got performance questions or a success story? Let the world know, and push the limits of your scoot!

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, scootertrog

fabio15

project havoc 98cc

Postby fabio15 » Wed May 06, 2015 11:49 pm

What's up guys,
Here is my latest project in the works. It's a piaggio typhoon converted to 13" wheels, malossi c-one engine case, and roost havoc 98cc kit. Unfortunately, my cylinder was damaged in shipping, one of the fingers at rear near boost port was broken. Already have a fresh one on the way, those guys at roost are awesome! Hopefully will have this thing up a going in a few weeks. here is some eye candy in the meantime. the pictures should say the rest! Btw oversize cranks still need cases bored out, but the cylinder drops right in. Actually can't figure out how to post pics from my phone. Haha maybe I'll have better luck when I can get to my computer!

dan v

Postby dan v » Thu May 07, 2015 3:20 pm

Where's the pics? :P Looking forward to seeing how this goes together. Now, those aren't parts that are usually available in the US - where did you source them?
How many scoots is too many?

fabio15

Postby fabio15 » Sat May 09, 2015 6:56 pm

It was relatively easy to get parts because I work at a scooter shop in san diego, called Vespa motorsport(aka scooterwest.com). We are an official malossi dealer and have access to other European suppliers. Still having trouble with pics, so I posted on modern vespa. Here is the link
http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic138309

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Wed May 13, 2015 10:30 pm

Nice!

My shop is an authorized ROOST importer also. They make top quality and top performing parts, that's for sure. It's awesome to see a build like this in the US!

Unfortunately our forum doesn't really have the most "user friendly" method of sharing photos. I've been looking for better software, but just haven't had the time to give it a solid effort lately.

The C-One cases look like the tuner's dream as far as adaptability to different cylinders. From the photos I have seen, the inlet tract and better reed valve should help power decently enough!

Please keep sharing. :) If I get the chance, I'll get those photos uploaded over here and post them for you.

Kind Regards from NC,

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

fabio15

Postby fabio15 » Sat May 16, 2015 6:13 pm

For sure I will keep updating this! Josh, if you could import photos for me that would be awesome! Next step in this would be to fit the radiators . this is going to be a lot of work, luckily I can do it with the broken cylinder. my goal is to have everything ready to just "bolt on" new cylinder and off to the track. I don't plan on messing with case porting/flowing. I believe that the c- one has efficient enough flow to support the cylinder. I will be using this for primarily cicuit racing(where I destroy mini gp bikes and supermoto bikes!). I may dabble in 1/8th mile drag at the local strip. I plan on a mostly "bolt on setup" with premium parts. Dyno tuning in the future!!

Return to “Scooter Performance Garage”