My Malaguti F-10

It's show and tell for your custom scoot! Post photos of your project scooters, etc.

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, scootertrog, mikal

F10Pilot

Postby F10Pilot » Fri May 14, 2010 5:18 pm

I know very well that feeling...

Your scooter is looking good!

Thanks Mexicano!

and of course...right away somebody asks "hows the new pipe?" and I have to say "I'm not sure?" because I added a bunch of stuff all at once. :)
Malaguti F10 - Flies like a butterfly - Sounds like a bee.

Big B NRG

Postby Big B NRG » Sat May 15, 2010 2:47 am

Watch out with those wheelies ;)
Will build someday again!

F10Pilot

Postby F10Pilot » Sat May 15, 2010 8:44 am

Watch out with those wheelies

LOL I know the pipe stick out so far I'm not sure if I will curb ding the header where it's like 3" off the ground or scrape the stinger first doing huge wheelies.

My next thing will be over-range or water cooling. Probably wait till winter either way I'm having too much fun to tear down again unless I break something. :lol:

sanjuro62

Postby sanjuro62 » Sat May 15, 2010 11:57 am

Nice updates, and I really dig that C16. I wish Yasuni had made them for Hondas.

F10Pilot

Postby F10Pilot » Sat May 15, 2010 12:09 pm

I wish Yasuni had made them for Hondas.

Thanks SJ -

I guess no Yasuni for Hondas but they definitely have them for Piaggio...would be pretty sweet on a GP1 or something. 8)

F10Pilot

Postby F10Pilot » Sun May 16, 2010 9:53 pm

And...here's some pics of my CVT cover venting.

Just a couple small holes to let some air flow through. I see on here there are hybrid ceramic bearings available for the inside support. Might be a good idea...there's no lubrication for it at all.

Can't wait till my side stand comes in. She fell over at a fuel stop yesterday and almost fell over again today. Can be a challenge finding suitably sturdy things to lean on.

Mexicano

Postby Mexicano » Sun May 16, 2010 10:32 pm

If you really want to cool down your tranny, try a "front scoop" like this, look at pages 10 & 11:

viewtopic.php?t=444&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=135

Regards,
‘There is only one secret in scooter tuning – to know what you are doing and do it thoroughly’

2strokd

Postby 2strokd » Mon May 17, 2010 9:58 am

Your scooter makes your pick-up look BIG :lol: !
J/K, Nice ride man!
The CVT is seriously underestimated by some!
01 CPI Misketo MZ49cc to70 to103cc-Drag scooter
03 Kymco Cobra (SF10)49cc- Daily driver

F10Pilot

Postby F10Pilot » Tue May 18, 2010 3:18 pm

If you really want to cool down your tranny, try a "front scoop" like this, look at pages 10 & 11:

That's definitely a Racing or High End scoop! I don't think I need that much ventilation. It's usually cool up here, even in the summer. I live right on the coast. I might enlarge the holes a bit but I might have other plans for that area behind the front wheel. :)

Your scooter makes your pick-up look BIG Laughing !
J/K, Nice ride man!

Thanks!

OveRReV

Postby OveRReV » Wed May 19, 2010 11:05 am

shame you couldn't ship teh Dio back to the USA but you could've done what we Filipinos were doing for many years now, disassemble the scooter & put it all inside a box & ship it to the USA by sea cargo, way cheaper than air freight but the waiting period is around 30 to 45days. declare the scooter as spare parts to get around customs. when it gets there just put it back together again. this is how we get our aerox & other exotic italian scooters in teh Philippines.
Overrev Tuning

F10Pilot

Postby F10Pilot » Wed May 19, 2010 6:47 pm

Ya if I had it to do over again I'd have paid the $600 for DHL to send it home. Even though I'm an asian kid I don't worship the giant Honda "H" it's more of a sentimental thing with the Dio because it was fun in a place where fun was highly valued.

I wouldn't mind slow boat shipping a Dio from Japan or maybe an Aerox from UK but it's still very expensive I think. I'm pretty happy with the Malaguti these days.

I'm still a nOOb tuner but not nearly as clueless as a I was when I started. I've done everything myself and learned TONS (mostly from here) and I don't have a pile invested.

Definitely thanks to the gurus here - I really appreciate the help and my scooter is starting to show the knowledge I've absorbed!!

And...on to the next round of parts :)

A SIP t-shirt, Buzzetti side stand, shock riser, flywheel puller, jets, a complete Minarelli oil seal set and crank end hardware for spares.

These are my ebay Koso mirrors, I think they look good.

The side stand gives a sporty lean when parking, as advertised, and also prevents falling over.

Stage6 SportPro + Yasuni C16 + 17.5 dellorto gets 2 thumbs up. I'd get more with a bigger carb but don't really need it. She's a pretty sporty ride at high speeds.

Also thumbs up to Malossi X-special belt until further notice on it's durability. Same with the inexpensive RMS rollers, the plastic part is much thinner than I have seen with other rollers but they work great so far.

Not sure what to do next....

I'd like to cut out the vent looking areas on the back of the rear plastics and put colored wire mesh there. Maybe somebody with plastic / bodywork knowledge has a good adhesive available at Home Depot or Autozone that would hold mesh to plastic very securely?

Could also use a wash obviously...and still need to mount my tach somewhere...

So rode around quite a bit this weekend, here's some pics from the Eastern Promenade in Portland.

And...a comfy bench with a view for a break.

Still jetted very fat on hot days but afraid to lean it back down for cold nights...and still thinking about where to mount the tach, busy riding you know.

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Sun May 30, 2010 4:13 pm

F10Pilot wrote:Ya if I had it to do over again I'd have paid the $600 for DHL to send it home. Even though I'm an asian kid I don't worship the giant Honda "H" it's more of a sentimental thing with the Dio because it was fun in a place where fun was highly valued.

I wouldn't mind slow boat shipping a Dio from Japan or maybe an Aerox from UK but it's still very expensive I think. I'm pretty happy with the Malaguti these days.

I'm still a nOOb tuner but not nearly as clueless as a I was when I started. I've done everything myself and learned TONS (mostly from here) and I don't have a pile invested.

Definitely thanks to the gurus here - I really appreciate the help and my scooter is starting to show the knowledge I've absorbed!!

And...on to the next round of parts :)

A SIP t-shirt, Buzzetti side stand, shock riser, flywheel puller, jets, a complete Minarelli oil seal set and crank end hardware for spares.

These are my ebay Koso mirrors, I think they look good.

The side stand gives a sporty lean when parking, as advertised, and also prevents falling over.

Stage6 SportPro + Yasuni C16 + 17.5 dellorto gets 2 thumbs up. I'd get more with a bigger carb but don't really need it. She's a pretty sporty ride at high speeds.

Also thumbs up to Malossi X-special belt until further notice on it's durability. Same with the inexpensive RMS rollers, the plastic part is much thinner than I have seen with other rollers but they work great so far.

Not sure what to do next....

I'd like to cut out the vent looking areas on the back of the rear plastics and put colored wire mesh there. Maybe somebody with plastic / bodywork knowledge has a good adhesive available at Home Depot or Autozone that would hold mesh to plastic very securely?

Could also use a wash obviously...and still need to mount my tach somewhere...

So rode around quite a bit this weekend, here's some pics from the Eastern Promenade in Portland.

And...a comfy bench with a view for a break.

Still jetted very fat on hot days but afraid to lean it back down for cold nights...and still thinking about where to mount the tach, busy riding you know.

Nice mirrors on that f 10 they look like the ducati 1098r version of there mirrors but you got a sweet setup.
2003 Aprilia sr 50 ditech Autism edition
1999 Derbi Mathattan Hunter

Sold
2001 Honda Elite Sa
2004 Yamaha Zuma
1979 Honda pa 50 1

zombie

Postby zombie » Mon May 31, 2010 5:06 am

I'd like to cut out the vent looking areas on the back of the rear plastics and put colored wire mesh there. Maybe somebody with plastic / bodywork knowledge has a good adhesive available at Home Depot or Autozone that would hold mesh to plastic very securely? 3M's 5200 is the strongest adhesive I know of. You can buy it in toothpaste type tubes, or a caulk type tube. It comes in black/white/brown. Anything it touches will have it on there fore-ever. It also stays flex-able so it will NEVER crack or dry out.
Addicted to 2 stroke 50cc:
I don't use the choke. I warm my fuel in a spoon, and inject it into the vacuum line.

F10Pilot

Postby F10Pilot » Mon May 31, 2010 9:33 am

Nice mirrors on that f 10 they look like the ducati 1098r version of there mirrors

Thanks Tim, the mirrors are decent looking and were inexpensive. I also found them to be fairly durable when I was rocking no stand and she fell over. :)

I also have a set of nice Acerbis handguards but I'm not sure how or if I really want to mount them. I think the bar fairing keeps it looking like a scooter and I like my gauges. MX or DH mtn bike bars are sweet though...we shall see.

M's 5200 is the strongest adhesive I know of. You can buy it in toothpaste type tubes, or a caulk type tube

I've used that stuff before for marine applications but didn't even think of it. Now I just need to visit the scrapyard and find some mesh on an old furnace or something. Hopefully it won't look completely ghetto because that stuff is permanent. :lol:

F10Pilot

Postby F10Pilot » Mon May 31, 2010 6:40 pm

Here's some more pictures...

I was trying to get the Aegis destroyer they are building in the background but it didn't come out. Maybe I can get some from the other side of the river next time.

I use a Samsung Omnia as my camera (phone) and I'm not fully tuned on the settings...some of my pictures look like crap (night) other times it's great.

Found a completely EMPTY 5 level parking garage for wheelie practice on Sundays.

Here's a closeup of the fit/finish on the "Carbon" mirrors.

Still eyeballing those rear vent areas, but did get my tach mounted enough for now. Have run over 12,000rpm briefly but the 17.5mm carb is out of lungs up there. I definitely have power to pull taller gearing though.

Return to “Scooter Showroom”