My Malaguti F-10

It's show and tell for your custom scoot! Post photos of your project scooters, etc.

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, scootertrog, mikal

2strokd

Postby 2strokd » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:12 am

DANG IT :cry: !
Im sorry this happened to you!
My uncle hit a hole in the road and it broke his rear
wheel on his Kymco Cobra :cry: . I told him the only way to (maybe)
get comped for the wheel and the hole get fixed is if we call and report it.
We hadnt even got the chance even call yet and they fixed it that very day.
Im sure someone with "pull" hit the hole and broke their wheel so it got fixed quick!
The CVT is seriously underestimated by some!
01 CPI Misketo MZ49cc to70 to103cc-Drag scooter
03 Kymco Cobra (SF10)49cc- Daily driver

F10Pilot

F10 - low pipe

Postby F10Pilot » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:48 am

Thanks everybody for the ideas and offers of help-

190mech - I will PM to talk about fixing the C16 maybe we can get her straightened out.

Otherwise I'm running on the RS and glad just to be running. I'm not in a big hurry I think I'll run the Technigas until winter and strip down to the frame.

I've got some rust in spots so would like to repaint the frame or maybe powder coat if it's not too expensive, get the pipe fixed, replace some bearings, and possibly go to LC or at least consider a faster cylinder.

I'll keep ya'll posted, thanks again for the help, I was pretty bummed about the pipe but that's scootin. Mo' breakin stuff = Mo' learnin how to fix stuff
Malaguti F10 - Flies like a butterfly - Sounds like a bee.

Timmy

Re: F10 - low pipe

Postby Timmy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:04 pm

F10Pilot wrote:Thanks everybody for the ideas and offers of help-

190mech - I will PM to talk about fixing the C16 maybe we can get her straightened out.

Otherwise I'm running on the RS and glad just to be running. I'm not in a big hurry I think I'll run the Technigas until winter and strip down to the frame.

I've got some rust in spots so would like to repaint the frame or maybe powder coat if it's not too expensive, get the pipe fixed, replace some bearings, and possibly go to LC or at least consider a faster cylinder.

I'll keep ya'll posted, thanks again for the help, I was pretty bummed about the pipe but that's scootin. Mo' breakin stuff = Mo' learnin how to fix stuff

Repainting the frame or powdercoat that would be great. I would go with powercoating your f 10's frame maybe black my option.
2003 Aprilia sr 50 ditech Autism edition
1999 Derbi Mathattan Hunter

Sold
2001 Honda Elite Sa
2004 Yamaha Zuma
1979 Honda pa 50 1

F10Pilot

Postby F10Pilot » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:18 pm

Well I'm finally sending my Yasuni down for repair so should be better than new...

AND, I made friends with a student in Vietnam through the sip site, he owns a Dio and works in a motorcycle/scooter shop there.

He drew this sketch and I had to post it. Has the mirrors and cupholder -- Definitely MY scoot :D

apparently we are now rockstars in Vietnam. :)

Last edited by F10Pilot on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

190mech

Postby 190mech » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:38 pm

Finally got to repair the C16 today,the core engine worked well as a jig,a real time saver!
Here is a vid of our new toy cutting out the headpipe;
http://s639.photobucket.com/albums/uu11 ... adpipe.mp4

F10Pilot

Wow!! Thanks!!

Postby F10Pilot » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:02 pm

:shock: That looks awesome! :D

Does the plasma cutting table mean a line of custom pipes is in the works?!

I'm really excited about this...my pipe looks better than new. Thanks 190mech!

F10Pilot

F10 Rossi Edition :)

Postby F10Pilot » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:28 am

Been awhile so I thought I would give a progress update @18000km about 5000km since my Stage6 rebuild still jetted a little fat but still running strong

You can sort of see the custom headpipe I'm running on my Yasuni as noted in the previous post. It works great I'm super happy to have it back but it still hangs very low so I have to be careful.

Also got some new Michelin S1 tires that I'm pretty psyched about and the #46 stickers which are reflective at night for safety :wink:

Mostly just racking up miles, wailing like a banshee, and having a blast!

mf10

Postby mf10 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Nice scooter F10Pilot. I joined this forum just so I can ask you lots of question, hope you don't mind. :)
Just bought a Stock 2004 Malaguti F10 with 7k miles. It will be a daily work commuter. My goal is to have a top speed of 50mph for the least amounth of $$$.
I just bought this muffler >
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/scooter- ... leQ5fParts
From what I read the stock variator roller weight is 6.5 grams, should I go heavier for higher top speed?
What about open air filter? looks like you are still running the stock air box (modded?)
I would prefer not to have to rejet.
Any other simple and cheap mods that a scooter newbie like me can do?
Thanks in advance. -mf10

F10Pilot

Postby F10Pilot » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:44 pm

Whassup MF10!!

The F10 is most like a Yamaha Jog so some parts you can get from the Yamaha dealer. It uses Minarelli Horizontal Short (CY) block so most Min-H pipes, cylinders, and intakes will fit but the transmission is different so you need to specify the short block for belts, clutches and variator are the same.

Get some jets and plan on rejetting for the pipe and any intake mods. I have the snorkel removed and a Malossi red filter. Have you checked your compression? What size carb are you running? The 17.5mm is fine with a 70kit. Check the width of your belt if it's below 15.5mm you could try one of the Malossi X-special belts when you replace it. Might add a bit of speed. $35 at scootercraft.

Watch out for potholes and rocks -- the exhaust hangs hella low on these scooters.

There's tons of people on here with Minarelli engines so if you wonder about something try the search or post up a question in the workshop.

I have a .pdf of the service manual for these bikes PM me your email address and I'll send it to you if you like.

I have a few Malaguti cousins on here but you're my first F10 brother :D
so let me know if you have any questions or need anything...I've owned it awhile so if I can't help I might point you to somebody who can.

Have a blast on that F10 and try not to cook the cylinder until you've got a 70cc kit on the shelf to replace it :D

mf10

Postby mf10 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:33 pm

I don't plan on getting a big bore kit anytime soon.
My main goal is to keep up with the 30-45mph road speed limit that I will be taking to/from work and have my wife as a passenger for some casual rides. We each weigh about 145lbs.

So with a new exhaust and airbox mod like yours, what jetting would you recommend? and where is the best place to buy them in the US.

I'll post pics after I get the exhaust and a couple of comestic parts installed.
You got PM about pdf service manual :D
Salamat!

F10Pilot

Postby F10Pilot » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:24 am

Gots me a few new items so thought I would rock an update

Malossi 15/41 primary upgear - Str8 OS fan - Hebo nickel coated fixed pulley

new fan is much larger but does fit under my factory shrouds, Hebo pulley seems to cool my tranny much better as the S6 one had no fanblades at all. It does seem to have a different spacing or ramp angle I had to run a thicker washer between it and the vario boss.

Gots the Renthal MX grips installed - soft compound, thin and grippy, Mint :D

Otherwise had a time sorting out the trans and jetting with the upgear, as always I changed everything in one shot and then had 100 theories why performance sucked but got it sorted and running well now. Have a new back tire on order a Kenda K413 or something.

Not sure what's next maybe a bigger carb? Definitely need my seat reupholstured as the vinyl is cracking at the stitches. I'd still like Renthals and my speedo is all screwy I think the gears in the sender are stripped from being wound way past its design limits all the time.

I also burned out 1 15w p26s headlight bulb and replaced it with a 20w Str8 blue tint bulb which seems to be quite a lot brighter and whiter. I still think high power Cree or Terralux LEDs are the way to go but everything would have to be custom and a PITA.

There are always things to consider but overall pretty psyched I've got a fairly reliable streeter with solid performance.

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:40 am

Love it, as usual!

You should make that drawing your new avatar. It's really neat.

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

F10Pilot

F10 reboot

Postby F10Pilot » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:26 pm

No posts in awhile because the F10 has been grounded. Blew the motor and it sat under a cover in the yard since late spring.

For a winter project I dug it out, stripped it down to the frame, and have generally decided to get to business.

I've got a str8 handlebar stem and mountain bike riser bar to install with an LED headlight so I can cut out the stock headlight and put vents for a radiator.

15w fork oil and new seals are on the way. The lower end looks fine Motoforce Evo crank still feels tight but it does have the 10mm pin so I'm thinking this over. The difference between throwing an LC Stage6 racing using the crank I already have or going whole hog RT or BigEvo style is many dollars and I think you lose some streetability.

I do wonder if the DRR/APEX atv cases are exactly the same dimensions as the CY block. You can buy those cut and ported for the long stroke crank and big skirt cylinders for not a ton of money.

Here's some pics of the frame. I'm probably just going to sand down the rough/rusty spots and paint it but have been considering powder coat or possibly spray on truck bedliner.

We shall see.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r84gw3ni38ibt ... 2.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/68pn0u6ptyn76 ... e.jpg?dl=0

dan v

Postby dan v » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:36 pm

Good to see one of the "old timers" still checking in :D
How many scoots is too many?

Return to “Scooter Showroom”