My Elite twofift-E

It's show and tell for your custom scoot! Post photos of your project scooters, etc.

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, scootertrog, mikal

ohiotj

My Elite twofift-E

Postby ohiotj » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:37 pm

Been meaning to join up for a while, and finally did. Got a few scooters littering the garage, but this is the one that has been taking up most of my wrenching time. Last year, I picked up a 1989 Honda Elite E. I already had an Elite 250 that was somewhat rough but good running. I got into scooter drag racing last year, and wanted an upgrade, so I spent last winter combining the two.

It got its debut at the NASRA Spring Nationals. No trophies, but got a fastest time of 10.96. The engine is mostly stock, just a uni filter, but the variator and clutch have been upgraded. Had a few problems with the last couple times I took it to the track, but am hoping this weekend's race, things will go better. Since the first event, I've switched up to the strongest clutch springs I've got, and I'v dropped a few grams on the variator sliders. Seems to run well on street testing.

rpmorrell

Postby rpmorrell » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:54 pm

Cool :twisted:

When I saw the size of the muffler I had to read through again, but carefully, & then understood ! "combining the two" 8)
How is the stopping power with those hub brakes? :lol:

Looks awesome :D

ohiotj

Postby ohiotj » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:18 pm

Thanks, combining the two was a fun process. Here's an in progress shot from the winter that shows the engine mount I welded up. I tried to make it in such a way that it wouldn't be to hard to build another mount for a different engine if I want to change it down the road.

Image.

As for stopping, well it's a good thing it's mostly a drag scooter :lol:

rpmorrell

Postby rpmorrell » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:33 pm

YUM ! :D

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:00 pm

I like it! Those are pretty good times out of that engine too. I don't remember Daniel's best ET - but he's working with a Chinese 250 clone. I'm sure there are some differences in the porting and camshaft between the clones and the genuine Honda.

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

ohiotj

Postby ohiotj » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:20 am

Yeah, it's hit the point where the Chinese clones actually have more options, since the timing gear design is different, and the aftermarket focuses on the clone engines. I've though about picking up a Chinese and a stock replacement camshaft, and checking dimensions, and seeing if there gears can be pressed on and off, but haven't been too motivated yet. I'm working on a GY6 build, too, and if it goes well, this one may get a real rear suspension, and a 1 gallon gas tank on the brace bar, and get turned into a street toy.

Return to “Scooter Showroom”