BoostCrzy's Kymco Super 9...

It's show and tell for your custom scoot! Post photos of your project scooters, etc.

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, scootertrog, mikal

BoostCrzy

BoostCrzy's Kymco Super 9...

Postby BoostCrzy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:59 pm

Just wanted to share my Super 9 with everyone on here! I love this scooter and hope to keep her running strong for a long time to come!

Heres the current setup:

Engine:

Airsal T6 70cc BBK
Tecnigas RS II pipe
MHR Motorio Intake manifold
22mm Dellorto Carb
Velocity stack on carb
118 main jet

CVT:

Naraku Variator
NCY Drive face
Dr. Pulley HiT Clutch (24k mains/7k Pillows)
Dr. Pulley 8g Sliders
1000rpm Blue Torque Spring
Hoca Ball Bearing spring pedestal
Malossi Up-Gear set

This setup has been 70mph (GPS) on flat land in dead calm air at sea level. (9550rpm)

0-30mph - 3.6 seconds
0-50mph - 8.3 seconds

Highest speed recorded - 72mph with a nice tailwind (9700rpm)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RYLzdmcf2g
Last edited by BoostCrzy on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:38 pm

Sweet! It's always nice to see more Super 9's.

Which carburetor did you use that is 22mm?

Nice ride man. I like what you've done with the handlebars too! Are you using any seat foam at all? I can't quite tell by the photo. Where are you located? I'd be awesome to see another Super 9 at the Spring Nationals in Shelby NC next month!

Kind Regards, and welcome!

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

245luigi

Postby 245luigi » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:59 pm

TO be absolutely honest....I'd love to see more pics of your bike :)
2012 Kymco Like 70 (Breaking in BBK)
Malossi 72cc BBK Sport
Tecnigas Next R Exhaust
Dell'Orto 19 mm PHBG
Air Box Stock w/o collett
Naraku Sports Variator
1500 rpm contra
Tiny Tach installed in headset
Trail Tech TTO temp guage

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:17 pm

Nice super 9 bro it is sweet nice combo on your setup.
2003 Aprilia sr 50 ditech Autism edition
1999 Derbi Mathattan Hunter

Sold
2001 Honda Elite Sa
2004 Yamaha Zuma
1979 Honda pa 50 1

BoostCrzy

Postby BoostCrzy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:33 pm

Thanks guys!..Im down in south florida...so NC is quite the haul...But I would love to do some racing! The carb is a PHVB 22mm (as you can see in this pic below.. ) I disabled the choke and installed a primer bulb instead to make for easy cold starts......also removed the oil pump and run premix (which gave me the perfect port for the priming circuit).

I also did some lighting mods to move the turn signals into their appropriate locations.....gotta keep it as road legal as I can around here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfduOlYdYWo

...next up was venting of the CVT cover....lots of heat in this baby!

...and another shot of the handlebar configuration...its a factory bar just tucked the wires and cleaned it up with a little fairing...factory dash still works like it should. I built a couple of stand-offs to lower the cluster into the bars a bit. All bolted to the factory locations as well.

....the Seat is a stripped OEM unit that I trimmed up and added a few thin foam pads wrapped in leather. its not a permanent solution yet....but its getting by while not looking completely busted..LOL....

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:13 am

Awesome!

Nice intake manifold as well. :) I'm going to be using the Moped Hospital one with my PWK 33 on the race build if I ever get it done. Sudco sells all kinds of adapters that will make it fit. I may still go a different route though, haven't started the build. :)

As for the seat, if you need some seat foam or a cover, let me know, I have spares since I stripped mine to the plastic. I just ride it with bare plastic but it's only 1/8 mile and back at a time, so doesn't bother me.

There are other people coming up from Florida to the race I believe. Maybe you can car pool! Still, I get that it's a long drive and quite out of reach for many. Thought I'd throw it out there. :)

Thanks for sharing your project! I haven't seen anyone use a primer bulb like that - seems like it's working well for you? Sometimes getting that choke circuit dialed in to work correctly can be a pain.

Best,

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

BoostCrzy

Postby BoostCrzy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:54 pm

Thanks for the offer on the seat!...I have my foam still tho so no worries....I am planning to make a more permanent, low profile cushion in the future...

...the primer bulb works PERFECTLY!....I highly recommend it for anyone having choke issues...and its simple to disable the electric choke by just pulling it apart and reconfiguring the spring/plunger to force it out at all times.then I just pulled the wires out to clean it up.

I would love to come up to the race if I could!...finding time off from my shop is a huge undertaking though...haha....either way I will be there in spirit if not person. Its up to you to represent for the Super 9 family!!!!....your scoot is a real screamer and I look forward to seeing some 9 second passes from it!....i expect my 9 to crack into the 10's as is...the taller gearing in mine kind of kills the 60ft I think, but she feels nice regardless....I am yet to come across another scooter in my area that can show me its tail lights!!!.... I ride her daily(weather permitting) and she still manages about 60-70mpg!!..at a 50-55mph cruise speed.

BoostCrzy

Postby BoostCrzy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:38 am

scootertrog

Postby scootertrog » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:58 am

Yay - a Super9 sighting! :D I like the tranny cover treatment - nice.

2strokd

Postby 2strokd » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:32 am

Its good to see another S9 around. Welcome!
The CVT is seriously underestimated by some!
01 CPI Misketo MZ49cc to70 to103cc-Drag scooter
03 Kymco Cobra (SF10)49cc- Daily driver

jecole7

Postby jecole7 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:09 am

Nice looking scoot you got there. Gets me motivated to start riding again this season. It's starting to get warm here in Michigan. How much did you get that scooter for, if you don't mind my asking?
2007 Vento Triton Li 4 stroke

gottascoot

Postby gottascoot » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:05 pm

Do you cover the transmission while washing, or is water just not an issue? Sorry if that was a stupid question.
2004 Kymco Super 9
2008 Piaggio Fly 50 4T

BoostCrzy

Postby BoostCrzy » Sun May 18, 2014 8:34 am

gottascoot wrote:Do you cover the transmission while washing, or is water just not an issue? Sorry if that was a stupid question.

no issues with water...i ride in the rain too and never have a problem. things dry up quite quickly in there after getting hot riding.

Dabby-D

Re: BoostCrzy's Kymco Super 9...

Postby Dabby-D » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:30 am

I like the CVT case modding, the fact that you didnt just paint the exhaust but added exhaust wrap to keep temps down and save wires from melting. I went crazy with the stuff and skipped the chrome lol. The carb bulb is dope and is probably better then the manual levers as well. Im jealous i will have to custom fabricate my final drive gears, but I like the setup.

Return to “Scooter Showroom”