Custom Dragscoot/Rail aka "Sprinter"

It's show and tell for your custom scoot! Post photos of your project scooters, etc.

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, scootertrog, mikal

2strokd

Custom Dragscoot/Rail aka "Sprinter"

Postby 2strokd » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:30 am

190mech has been busting his ass for about a year with this whicked mean machine. Now that its alive and running well we have decided to share it with the world! Its on fb and another forum and would have been here already but ive been pretty busy lately.

I will just start off with a few current pics and details. Anyone interested can chime in with any ??? and 190mech or I will answer anything asap ;)

First off, this is a one off (as far as i know) Dragster with a Yamaha YZ125cc, yes the dirtbike 125cc L/C engine. The gearbox was literally cut off and away from the crankcase. Then John adapted a CPI style Minarelli CVT half to the YZ engine. He used the vari output shaft from a 150cc GY and pressed it painstakingly into the YZ crank. He also used a ProX long rod for overall better crank case pressure. This combo is working VERY well so far! And its 30 YEAR OLD tech!!! Yeah, i forgot to mention this thing is pushing around 30HP stock with a 1983 engine :twisted:

Some pics..

The CVT is seriously underestimated by some!
01 CPI Misketo MZ49cc to70 to103cc-Drag scooter
03 Kymco Cobra (SF10)49cc- Daily driver

dan v

Postby dan v » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:53 pm

Whoa.....That is sweet!. I realize that you may not want to show you hand at this point before the Oct meet, but you gotta post some pics of how you adapted the transmission bits 8)
How many scoots is too many?

190mech

Postby 190mech » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:15 pm

As Robert said,its a GY6-150 vari shaft adapted into the YZ crank wheel,The GY6 crank was disassembled and the vari side was chucked in the lathe and crankwheel cut off with a hole saw,then rough cut for a final cut later..YZ drive side was cut back to the bearing shank and carefully mounted in a 4 jaw chuck with much time spent to perfectly center the pilot hole,then I was shocked to ifnd the YZ crank wheel was super hard tool steel!I thought the project just ended..With a million tiny cuts,I was able to get the hole to .002" from the hardened reamer size..The reamer cut a nice smooth hole!Measured the hole then cut the GY6 vari shaft for a press fit,pressing resulted in much sweating and cussing,but all went well..I chose a longer rod(98mm stock to 105mm new)to increase case volume,pressed the crank together and spent many sessions getting it to run true.

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:53 pm

Awesome work sir! I've been truing cranks a bit myself lately - I can appreciate the work that goes into getting them perfect! :)

You've built a really awesome machine! Can't wait to see it go next month. Only a few weeks away!

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

2strokd

Postby 2strokd » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:59 am

GiTTyHaah!!!

Gbisk

Postby Gbisk » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:37 am

..Unreal..
2002 Metropolitan IIt - chinarelli swapped
Stage 6 Street race - 70cc A/C
HOCA racing Variator - 4.5gm
PHBG 21mm 35s 90m
Carbon Fiber reeds
Tecno Evolution pipe - derestricted/modified

2strokd

Postby 2strokd » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:54 am

Never could get this thing off the line like i wanted so we installed a wheelie bar.
Now i can launch it like i want. WOT!!! It spins a tad but still leaves much better like this.

This was a gift form a friend. I thought it would make a good gremlin charm.

2strokd

Postby 2strokd » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:14 am

Vid quality is poor and the camera flat quit working after this vid. Its fixed now but was in need of a good cleaning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOCCZ-rlaT4

Return to “Scooter Showroom”