Minerelli based drag scooter build

It's show and tell for your custom scoot! Post photos of your project scooters, etc.

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, scootertrog, mikal

ottoman

Postby ottoman » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:39 pm

Enviromoto wrote:
zombie wrote:Rock Stars is what they are. I love the whole project.
I can believe the carb runs at that angle... Insane!

Oh geeze. Now he'll never get his helmet on. :P

LMAO

Gbisk

Postby Gbisk » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:37 am

Fab work is awesome! Wish my Metropolitan had a steel frame, and I knew a damn thing about welding.

ottoman

Postby ottoman » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:41 am

Well finally started looking at the drag scoot and thinking about next season. Was talking to a good friend who is sponsored by Maxiscoot and he hooked me up with their new 90cc kit... said its first one in the states. The dyno chart said 33.7hp... thats a number I like :-)
I will post pics as soon as it arrives.
Anyway looks like Il be spending some time machining and porting a set of cases.
Also the 292cc Zuma 4 stroker project is coming along.. guess i will have to start a new build thread for that also.

2strokd

Postby 2strokd » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:30 am

Thats a good number for sure! Looking forward to seeing everything this season. :twisted:
The CVT is seriously underestimated by some!
01 CPI Misketo MZ49cc to70 to103cc-Drag scooter
03 Kymco Cobra (SF10)49cc- Daily driver

ottoman

Postby ottoman » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:04 pm

Im torn between running the old setup for a while and just going with the new motor. :(
We made a whole 10 passes on the current motor last season.. the first five were a waste because I didnt bring big enough jets along and ended up taping the air filter shut to richen it up.. still went 9.5 with a 190lb rider. Last 5 I had the jetting close and made one weight change and went 9.3. I think with the proper size carb (was too small) and some clutch and variator tuning it could sniff the 8's
So... should I spend some of the little track time we get on the old motor or is it wiser to invest the time in the supposedly superior motor?

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:18 pm

ottoman wrote:Im torn between running the old setup for a while and just going with the new motor. :(
We made a whole 10 passes on the current motor last season.. the first five were a waste because I didnt bring big enough jets along and ended up taping the air filter shut to richen it up.. still went 9.5 with a 190lb rider. Last 5 I had the jetting close and made one weight change and went 9.3. I think with the proper size carb (was too small) and some clutch and variator tuning it could sniff the 8's
So... should I spend some of the little track time we get on the old motor or is it wiser to invest the time in the supposedly superior motor?

That's a lot of messing around Ottoman. Just donate the old motor to me and use the new one. :P

I think if I were in the same boat, I'd try and get to some test and tune nights with the old engine to see what you can wring out of it. Then again, if that MXS kit was sitting on my shelf, I don't know if I could control the urge to "throw a kit on it". :)

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

2strokd

Postby 2strokd » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:38 am

10 passes is not very many. Keep the current set-up and build the new idea.
Then you both could run. Get some father/son grudge racing going :D
The CVT is seriously underestimated by some!

01 CPI Misketo MZ49cc to70 to103cc-Drag scooter

03 Kymco Cobra (SF10)49cc- Daily driver

ottoman

Postby ottoman » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:02 pm

I will prob ride one of them... have the 2 stroker and the spree and the 4 strokers coming along... plenty bikes to ride :wink:

ottoman

Postby ottoman » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:00 am

Finally getting some work done on the 4 stroke race scoot

DanielO.

Postby DanielO. » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:10 pm

Looking awesome man... is that just mild steel tubing or something more exotic?

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who uses that organization method... lol my lift table looks almost exactly the same except there's a honda elite on it...

I just stretched the subframe 4" last night and lowered both front and rear suspension.. I'll have an update for my thread real soon..

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:13 pm

Man, all of this makes me all the more anxious to get out to TnG in October and see all of this come together. I can tell you from direct experience that 15 HP can be quite fun. Twice that (ie: the MXS kit you got!) would be absolutely exhilarating! I hope you find the time to snap some good pictures of the cylinder, and the progress of the build when it starts coming together.

Say - I'm interested in those GY6 flow numbers you got too. I think there's another thread on that somewhere but didn't look. Would be nice to compare to my own flow data when I get the bench up and running.

Do you have a guesstimate on 1/8 mile ET's?

Keep up the good work Ottoman, I'm liking the direction, and admire the quality of your builds!

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

ottoman

Postby ottoman » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:28 am

I am well know for my organizational skills.. or lack of :roll:
I was going to use molly but I had a couple sticks of .875 x .065 DOM tubing so thats what it is.
It gets expensive using molly when your just bending and building by eye.. more than one mistake piece of tubing laying in the corner.
If I ever build one Im totally happy with I will copy it in molly tubing.

ottoman

Postby ottoman » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:54 am

Josh I am still waiting on delivery of the MXS kit but I promise to post pics when it finally arrives.
The TNG should be a fun event this year!

ottoman

Postby ottoman » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Finished up frame and rear struts... put it on the ground to get a better look

ottoman

Postby ottoman » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:52 pm

Mounted up the front fairing.. thats why the front lower tubes are bent like they are... to allow front piece to fit.

Return to “Scooter Showroom”