Vespa GTS250 - much modified

It's show and tell for your custom scoot! Post photos of your project scooters, etc.

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, scootertrog, mikal

Mike Holland

Vespa GTS250 - much modified

Postby Mike Holland » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:02 pm

In addition to the cosmetic enhancements, it has an Audicator turn signal beeper, burglar alarm, Polini variator, Malossi piston, cylinder and head, Malossi clutch springs, Malossi TC Lambda Emulator, and goes like stink!

Mike

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:09 pm

Hi Mike, thanks for sharing!

What exhaust is that? It looks sharp on the Vespa. Did it come with the wheels colored like that? I haven't seen them in the US except for black, but I'm not in a dealership environment anymore so I don't get to see the latest models first hand. The whole think is pretty slick. I am most certainly a fan.

All the best,

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

Mike Holland

Postby Mike Holland » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:27 pm

Where to begin? I have fitted a GTS300 horn cover and a GT200 saddle and rack. I had the horncover and wheels painted to match the scooter, and then stuck on vinyl strips along the wheel rims. The mirrors are French FAR black mirrors and the grips are Piaggio eco-leather ones. I made the leather lever covers myself, and have another pair with tassles on the ends. There is also has a SIP chrome headlight rim.

I like to change my scooter every now and then, as the inclination comes. At the moment it has the GTS250 horn cover, GT200 rack, and topbox, and no floormat. In the picture the GT200 rack is replaced with another one that I chopped down. It looks much nicer without the topbox, but the thing is so damned useful!

I have always ridden Vespas, since 1959. The most beautiful was the GS150, but the GTS range comes a very close second. Only thing I don't like about the GTS styling is that sloping headlight. It amazes me that the Piaggio design team managed to keep it obviously a Vespa while fitting disc brakes, fuel injection, water cooling, 250/300cc four stroke engine, etc.

Mike

Edit: Forgot to mention the exhaust is an Akrapovic.

zombie

Postby zombie » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:34 pm

Vespa has always been a beautiful scooter. Like the Bently of two wheels. It's real nice to see one so loved. Great work.
Addicted to 2 stroke 50cc:
I don't use the choke. I warm my fuel in a spoon, and inject it into the vacuum line.

daddue11

Re: Vespa GTS250 - much modified

Postby daddue11 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:37 pm

Mike Holland wrote:Image

In addition to the cosmetic enhancements, it has an Audicator turn signal beeper, burglar alarm, Polini variator, Malossi piston, cylinder and head, Malossi clutch springs, Malossi TC Lambda Emulator, and goes like stink!

Mike

Hello,I'm very new here and this is my first post,but,when I saw the pic of this scoot I had to comment, and Man!! that's one gorgeous scooter,you sir are a lucky scootist. daddue11

keith217

Re: Vespa GTS250 - much modified

Postby keith217 » Tue May 21, 2013 1:09 pm

daddue11 wrote:
Mike Holland wrote:Image

Mike

Hello,I'm very new here and this is my first post,but,when I saw the pic of this scoot I had to comment, and Man!! that's one gorgeous scooter,you sir are a lucky scootist. daddue11

Ditto. I gotta say that this is the cleanest scooter I've seen. Classic!

waxhead

Postby waxhead » Tue May 21, 2013 4:10 pm

Nice looking scooter
I dont have a short temper just a quick reaction to bullshit. Seeya !!!
Easy on the paint, hard on the porting
Thanks to my sponsors and team mates
roost exhausts
shark leathers
sava tyres
Dr Pulley

mdouglas71

Postby mdouglas71 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Wow.. sticker shock for this scooter. I didn't think that they would cost so damn much. Honestly... I'm all for a more economical scooter...

Return to “Scooter Showroom”