Areomyst's Marshin Area 51

It's show and tell for your custom scoot! Post photos of your project scooters, etc.

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, scootertrog, mikal

Vikter

Postby Vikter » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:09 pm

Josh,
Did you split the cases yet?

If you want, I will sell you my PWK 28mm carb when I get it...
IF YOU DONT RIDE YOU HAVE NOT BEEN ALIVE!!!!!!!!! :)

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:51 am

No, I haven't split the cases yet. I've taken apart enough engines, so it's not a really big deal to me. I'll take the engine apart when I get my EVO crankshaft and my cylinder, otherwise, there's simply no reason for me to take it apart. It's a little easier to move the engine around the garage in once piece. I was planning on getting an exhaust this week for the bike, but ended up buying the P200E instead.

All of my projects are probably going to be pretty much dead in the water until after the holidays.

~Josh

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:03 pm

Here's a quick preview of my block with waterpump, gears, carb, etc. I have not made any further progress... this is a bit of a mock up I guess. :) I've been working late a lot lately. I'm hoping that by Feb I'll be able to have some time to do a few things around here. :D

~Josh

Vikter

Postby Vikter » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:38 pm

Areomyst wrote: Hopefully we'll get Calvin's LED tail light this week, as it's been over a month at this point since we ordered.

~Josh

Did they come yet?

mikal

Postby mikal » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:53 pm

Are those helical cut Malossi gears, or the stock ones?
Good intensions, poor results.

Vikter

Postby Vikter » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:55 pm

They are straight-cut 16/40s. They were mine, but I traded Josh the gears and cases for a crank. :)

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:56 pm

Well, I worked out a deal with a friend of mine, and the red Marshin is no longer mine. I'm continuing to save cash for the project, but I'm beginning to steer towards a different cylinder, crankshaft, etc than the Evolution. As money permits, I will continue with the scooter and naturally I'll update everyone as soon as I get something worth saying about this bike. :)

Cheers!

~Josh

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:15 am

Nothing exciting (as usual. :P) but I was able to snag a few parts from friends here on the forum. Image
I got the missing parts for my carburetor cheap from rmehuron. Many thanks for that. :D Rear fender is my second find from D4o, great deal there too, thanks!

I had to include one shot that showed my fancy new pegboard. :P

The cylinder pictured is not the one I'm using, I just stuck it in there for looks... I'm going to be going with an Athena cylinder and crankshaft, as I can get these relatively inexpensively.

I don't think my carburetor is going to like that angle. The manifold is Malossi MHR... I suppose I'll have to figure something out on a wig, so I'll just keep my eyes open for one.

I've also selected some handlebars, but I'm waiting to buy them for the moment. I think that getting rid of the stock handlebars and plastics will improve the looks a great deal!

Someday I hope to have a real update, but I've got to focus on a lot of other things right now.

Cheers!

~Josh

Triesandluth

Postby Triesandluth » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:27 pm

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I do believe I just bought a Marshin that's like the one pictured at the beginning. Two stroke, B05-MH50. Looks like yours but stock pipe and a broken signals. $125 with the only problem being a stuck petcock and carburetor needing cleaned. Only has 1979kms!
-2005 Super 9 LC 70cc malossi, 19mm arreche carb, malossi variator, tecnigas rs 2, other mods and goodies
-2006 TGB R50X 70cc tecnigas next r, polini reed block and Spacer, other mods
-Taotao Duster Monster 50cc

Areomyst
Site Admin

Re: Areomyst's Marshin Area 51

Postby Areomyst » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:20 pm

Triesandluth, that sounds like a pretty nice deal! The Marshins had plenty of quality issues for sure, but the old ones (2005) were definitely better. The Minarelli based engine is excellent for modifications and tuning!

There were a couple of different stock exhausts that came on them. Some had a small tailpipe, and others had a large... the scooters with the larger pipe performed notably better.

Does yours have an extra plastic cover over the CVT cover? If so, it may be one of the odd-duck engines with a different cylinder, crank, etc... If you like, I can look up the thread where I compared the different styles of engine parts. I think it was mid 2006 when those ones were introduced. The 10th digit of the VIN corresponds with the year model. For example, 'MHATAAP1776192007' would indicate a 2007. After 2009 the VIN numbers on Chinese bikes changed a little I suppose. As I was no longer in a dealership writing down VIN numbers all the time I didn't pay much attention to them after that...

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

Areomyst
Site Admin

Re: Areomyst's Marshin Area 51

Postby Areomyst » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:22 pm

I ended up selling my Marshin back in 2007 or 2008 (don't remember which) and bought my Super 9 with the money.

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

Return to “Scooter Showroom”