05 Vino

It's show and tell for your custom scoot! Post photos of your project scooters, etc.

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, scootertrog, mikal

oxide

05 Vino

Postby oxide » Sun May 01, 2011 1:21 pm

started a intro thread and just continuing here.
viewtopic.php?t=2544&highlight=

i was going to do yard work and take pics of the new upgrades but alas i guess the weatherman was correct, it will snow, GARBAGE!
Koso Tach (thanks ZUMIKE), Malossi Fly Clutch - this thing is super tight and grips like mad, Malossi Multivar, Dellorto 19mm Carb (had oem bws before, that was still a great mod), springs, rollers, spit shine plus replaced the belt with a Malossi Kevlar
big thanks to ma loco mod man Peter.

initial first week review
I noticed through the week it started up better every day, warmer weather I guess, idle rpm was about 3000 and went to 2000 by Friday.
The acceleration is right away without any rev up, Unsure of top speed yet but i was clocked doing 90km/h before, fuel consumption has changed but it’s still decent I think.

hopefuly i can jump on the body work this week or next as well.

oxide

Postby oxide » Wed May 11, 2011 10:03 pm

k so we did a damn cold ride tonight and i remembered to take pics of the tach
off daylight
on daylight
on night

oxide

Postby oxide » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:39 pm

oxide

Postby oxide » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:00 am

pumped i just got my front end, winter time project - disc swap in effect.

oxide

Postby oxide » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:00 pm

things are going good, at a stand still, painting body panels soon and finding some other goodies for the build cosmetically plus working in the shop on other peoples rides to
hopefully the new year will bring an over sized rear sheeve, variator and maybe some other goodies

the parts from the Saga - Retro 50 http://www.sagacanada.ca/partsdetailed.php?bi=3 fit flawlessly, just had to file done the head stem from the Vino to fit into the top of the tree (it was seriously 3 swipes)

Runner180

05 Vino

Postby Runner180 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:17 am

Looks good so far,Is that all Zuma front end parts including the handlebar clamps? Are you going to use the retro front fender still? Have you installed any engine tuning parts besides the exhaust? Chris.

Runner180

05 Vino

Postby Runner180 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:28 am

Sorry about the Zuma question,I saw the previous post on your tuning parts. What kind of speed are you getting from your Athena 70 kit so far??????????????? Nice build .Chris.

oxide

Postby oxide » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:54 pm

the link to the front end is in the last post, the clone parts fit like a dream with minor changes.
after checking them and a quick comparison with bws they are smaller and bws wouldn't fit i'm sure.
the last speed GPS'd was 104, all the Vino body panels will be put back on after paint but all in due time, wanna look for some other cosmetic goodies to
thanks!

Runner180

05 Vino

Postby Runner180 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:10 am

Are you running the stock carb what M/M is it? What kind of revs are you getting at top speed?Did you swap the crank also-what brand? Also does it hold the speed well going up most hills and arre you going to change the rear wheel to match the front? Good day,Chris

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:43 am

It's pretty cool that the clone parts fit on so easily. Have you seen the newer China bikes with disc brake Minarelli engines? Might be something worth digging around for if you wanted disc in the rear also.

Neat project man, keep us posted.

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

oxide

Postby oxide » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:55 pm

Dellorot 19mm carb
i haven't been able to accurately get rev speed yet as it been through soem more mods, will know come summer but i think the last 13000 or so
stock crack
there are no hills in Winnipeg, sorry man.
i'm awaiting delivery of the same rim for the rear, been awhile, lazy asses.

Runner180 wrote:Are you running the stock carb what M/M is it? What kind of revs are you getting at top speed?Did you swap the crank also-what brand? Also does it hold the speed well going up most hills and arre you going to change the rear wheel to match the front? Good day,Chris

i'm not sure i want to explore that really, the Malagutti long case would be the closest but i'm not ready for frame/case mods

Areomyst wrote:It's pretty cool that the clone parts fit on so easily. Have you seen the newer China bikes with disc brake Minarelli engines? Might be something worth digging around for if you wanted disc in the rear also.

Neat project man, keep us posted.

~Josh

oxide

Postby oxide » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:41 am

buddy brought the inner spline shaft into work today to show me, damn some fine craftsmanship here

come on home, just another part of the build up!
ended up really well.

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:30 am

Nice!

Around here it's hard to find anyone with the broaches to make parts splines on the inside. What exactly is the splined bit for?

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

zombie

Postby zombie » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:20 pm

Try a Marine machine shop. These guys have Giant broaches. Marine diesel shops to help narrow the search. The reason I respect Marine guys so much is... If something breaks someone dies. You can't walk away from a boat failure. Most hung over crack head machinists don't understand that!
Addicted to 2 stroke 50cc:
I don't use the choke. I warm my fuel in a spoon, and inject it into the vacuum line.

oxide

Postby oxide » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:30 pm

to match the new front wheel i got a rear one as well but the inner spline was huge, so to fit i got this spline made up.
wheels were dropped off today locally for machining, we shall see!

Areomyst wrote:Nice!

Around here it's hard to find anyone with the broaches to make parts splines on the inside. What exactly is the splined bit for?

~Josh

Return to “Scooter Showroom”