Cobra

It's show and tell for your custom scoot! Post photos of your project scooters, etc.

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, scootertrog, mikal

2strokd

Re: Cobra

Postby 2strokd » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:59 pm

Wow, long time no post. Hows everyone been?

"The ole Worktruck" has been scootin along great miles and miles, smiles and smiles

My son has been using it to get to and from work lately. He was on his way home last week and while taking a left turn at speed (app 30-35mph) the scoot washed out and he lowsided it pretty bad. THANKFULLY he is ok other than some rash!
The scoot, not so much. It slid into a square curb wheels first and flew into the air. Kinda high-sided itself and landed hard on the right side. Both sides took it bad, bent right side of the bars down and back, broke the seat bucket, pushed in the passenger pegs a good bit, turn lenses, head plastic, etc... My boy got back on the Cobra and rode home tho

He felt so bad he "totaled" my scoot he was almost in tears telling me. I said i was only worried about him and his well being.

Long story medium, that was last week... He is at work today and got there how?? The Ole Worktruck thats how ;)
Bent busted and tired i patched him up for now. Turns out its not as bad as he suspected.
The CVT is seriously underestimated by some!
01 CPI Misketo MZ49cc to70 to103cc-Drag scooter
03 Kymco Cobra (SF10)49cc- Daily driver

dan v

Postby dan v » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:36 am

Good to see that some of us "old timers" are still checking in. Was wondering what was going on with you - still racing?
Glad to hear that your son wasn't seriously hurt. Spills can happen so fast. Dress for the slide, not the ride, right?
You remember that we chatted some time back when I was selling my SR50, and I decided to keep it? Well, I finally got it on the road for the first time during the warm Saturday a few weeks back. Let's just say it needs some tuning......Josh is getting me some more parts for it. What a PITA; I will be glad when this project is wrapped up. Advice - save yourself some headaches and never buy one of those to mod.

Keep checking in!
How many scoots is too many?

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:24 am

Hey man, it's good to read from you!

I'm glad the boy and the scooter are both okay. It sounded like a pretty nasty slide. :( I've got some blue body panels off of one of those Chinese cobra clones that you can have if you want them.

How many miles does that Cobra have on it now? Damn man, those are some of the coolest of the old Kymcos!

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

2strokd

Postby 2strokd » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:56 am

Thanks for the replies guys! The ole Cobra has a ton of miles. Wish i knew the exact number but ive switched speedometers and never really knew the mileage to begin with. In the sevenish years ive owned it ive racked up 15,000ish miles. It needs the handlebar plastic the speedometer etc sits in still, just havent gotten to looking for that yet. I might have one? I should probably replace the handlebars too as the throttle side got bent bad and i just bent it back for the time.
Very thankful Paxton wasnt hurt more. He had his helmet, gloves and jacket.. Gloves and a helmet are a must IMO. Hands and heads always seem to find the ground in a wreck, and we gotta use those daily lol.
We havent raced since 2013 but ide like to get in some 1/4 mile passes this spring before anymore changes to the scoot. Hoping to see around 100mph and maybe a 12second ET in the 1320?
Glad to hear the Aprilia is scootin! Great news man!
The CVT is seriously underestimated by some!

01 CPI Misketo MZ49cc to70 to103cc-Drag scooter

03 Kymco Cobra (SF10)49cc- Daily driver

Return to “Scooter Showroom”