C-Kells zuma

It's show and tell for your custom scoot! Post photos of your project scooters, etc.

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, scootertrog, mikal

C-kell

C-Kells zuma

Postby C-kell » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:14 pm

Hello.Some of you may have seen me around some other forums but I like all the great info on this one.Anyway this is my 05 zuma.I bought it brand new and did some small mods.In the last year I found out that there is a semi-local track that allows scooter racing.I checked it out and loved it.Since then I have been inspired to build my zuma for next season.It has so many mods now its hard to list them all.Major points are the aerox wheels,stage 6 forks and brakes.I also had a buddy machine an adapter so I could use a zero offset bmx stem.The bars are cut down motocross units and then I made the barshield out of the stock plastic.I got a throttle off ebay and some stage 6 levers.I shaved the horn vent and high beam light.A lot of people ask why I shaved the light and its because I used to have a R6 and when I bought it it came with a book on the devolopment of the R6.In the pics it showed the test bike with a shaved light.I always thought it looked cool.It sets me apart from other zumas too.The trans has mallossi overrange and stage 6 clutch and bell.Rear shock is bitubo.Huh what else...oh the bump in the seat is shaved and the rack is cut.As of now motor wise its a Mrp 70cc,carbon reeds,oko 21mm carb.Pretty weak.Im building a motor now.I have a Mhr cylinder and kundo f1 exhaust.I just ordered a Mhr crank and stage 6 reverse intake spacer.So all I need now to complete the engine is reeds,subframe,carb,bearings,and some port work.Well thats about it.Thanks for reading. Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image[/img]
C-Kell

sanjuro62

Postby sanjuro62 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:05 pm

The Malossi overrange pulley looks badass with that minimal clearance in the case.

C-kell

Postby C-kell » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:36 pm

sanjuro62 wrote:The Malossi overrange pulley looks badass with that minimal clearance in the case.
Thanks,It kinda sucked too.Grinding the case wasnt that bad but I clearanced the gear cover while it was bolted to the case.Turned out good though.I suppose thats all that matters.
C-Kell

mikal

Postby mikal » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:47 pm

Very nice, but I never did any grinding to get my overrange pulley in?
Good intensions, poor results.

C-kell

Postby C-kell » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:35 pm

mikal wrote:Very nice, but I never did any grinding to get my overrange pulley in?
Thanks.I had to grind mine.If I didnt the belt would hit the case and the rear pulley wouldnt fit because it hits the gear cover.I might of even spaced it a little.It been awhile since I did the mod but you can kind of see in the picture where I had to grind.
C-Kell

speedfreak76

Postby speedfreak76 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:15 am

Lookin good! Nice to see my old parts put to good use! What all did I sell you again? I know you have my shock... :D
2005 CPI GTR
Stock, for now...

C-kell

Postby C-kell » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:28 pm

speedfreak76 wrote:Lookin good! Nice to see my old parts put to good use! What all did I sell you again? I know you have my shock... :D
Thanks.Ya I got the rear shock and Mhr cylinder from you.I havent used the cylinder yet.Im still collecting parts but im close.Thanks again for the good deals Speedfreak.
C-Kell

C-kell

Postby C-kell » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:46 pm

Thought I would do some updates.I almost have everything I need to start building the motor.Just tying up some things before.The stage 6 subframe I got was too wide to fit a zuma frame so I had to cut and weld the stock and stage 6 subframe to make one that will work.Mocked everything up and seems everything fits.Here are some pics. Image Image Image[/img]
C-Kell

C-kell

Postby C-kell » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:57 pm

I got the fender on.One side had to be cut down and I had to make a bracket for the other side.Image Image
C-Kell

zombie

Postby zombie » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:20 pm

I remember first seeing this thread a-while ago. Impressive scoot!
Addicted to 2 stroke 50cc:
I don't use the choke. I warm my fuel in a spoon, and inject it into the vacuum line.

Enviromoto

Postby Enviromoto » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:59 pm

I really like that fender. Whats the other side look like?

C-kell

Postby C-kell » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:25 am

Thanks zombie.What up Doc.The other side of the fender was supposed to bolt to the same spot as the exhaust bracket but it was too short so I cut to allow that side to just sit on top.I was worried how sturdy that would be but the fit is snug and its actually pretty solid. Image Image
C-Kell

Enviromoto

Postby Enviromoto » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:10 am

Damn fine Dr. Z 8)

C-kell

Postby C-kell » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:32 pm

Enviromoto wrote:Damn fine Dr. Z 8)
Ha ha.Thanks Dr. M
C-Kell

sloro

Postby sloro » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:43 pm

Really nice work!

Always wondered if the MTKT Fender was a bolt-on affair or not. Looks like you had to widen the bracket?

Return to “Scooter Showroom”