The Scooter Invasion Patch! (Check it out)

Introductions, general discussion, or material that is not scooter related.

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, scootertrog, mikal

OveRReV

Postby OveRReV » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:04 pm

i like "The Invasion has begun!" it sends out a message that scooters are an idea whose time has come.
Overrev Tuning

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:32 pm

DubG, I think your quote has pretty much made it to the patch. :) Which letters to capitalize and the punctuation are the only things really left to consider. I do like OveRReV's suggestion to use the exclamation point.

I hope to hear back tomorrow or Monday on the availability of the reflective mesh material.

Does anyone else have a preference for iron-on or sewn-on patches? It's important to me to get these details worked out because we want a patch that most people like. :)

I have also put in a few inquires about decals. Once we finalize our 'slogan' I will have both patches and decals made ASAP.

~Josh

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:57 pm

Here's the latest that I've sent to the patch company. The words "The invasion has begun!" will contour along the top, and "scooterinvasion.net" along the bottom.

I'm thinking to go ahead with iron-on patches. Iron on can still be sewn on for those that prefer to sew them. Sewing patches is generally supposed to last longer than most iron on patches, but I can foresee a lot of people preferring the simplicity of ironing a patch on.

~Josh

4SEVEN3

Postby 4SEVEN3 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:15 pm

HI!
Here's my 2 cents!

I like everything so far.
I like sew-on patches.....iron on never last, but what you said makes good sence.

What is going to be reflective? The gear, or the background?

I think it needs some color.....The lettering should be something that pops....Id suggest red since some of the lettering on the froum pages are red....kinda make it "uniform" so to speak. Id also suggest a simple font for the lettering, something that could be easily read.

"The Invasion Has Begun....." I like it with 3 or more periods...to me it makes like the beginning of a "story" or a film.
"Farmer"
2005 Piaggio Typhoon

Semore Butts

Postby Semore Butts » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:57 pm

]Image

As much as I would love to add support, You Know us "Vintage" Guys can't wear that patch, Right??

How about from "Old to New" :

Rough sketch... :?
VESPA'S:
63' VBB
79' P200

LAMBRETTA'S:
64' Siler Special
78' Jet 200

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:00 pm

That's the second request now for a vintage style patch as well. I'm going to do another similar design that has a vintage scooter on it. :)

Nice rough draft! :D

~Josh

Semore Butts

Postby Semore Butts » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:48 pm

Areomyst wrote:That's the second request now for a vintage style patch as well. I'm going to do another similar design that has a vintage scooter on it. :)

Nice rough draft! :D

~Josh

Would be cool if we all had the same patch thou (Our "Nike", "Taget" logo). 8)
Just an idea...
VESPA'S:

63' VBB

79' P200

LAMBRETTA'S:

64' Siler Special

78' Jet 200

4SEVEN3

Postby 4SEVEN3 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:39 pm

Well maybe instead of a scooter, maybe have something (or thing's) that represent both the modern and vintage side of things.

Oh yeah...what are these things going to look like with the lettering???
"Farmer"

2005 Piaggio Typhoon

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:43 pm

4SEVEN3 wrote:Well maybe instead of a scooter, maybe have something (or thing's) that represent both the modern and vintage side of things.

Oh yeah...what are these things going to look like with the lettering???

I've got a couple of proof images from patch companies, but I'm going to have them change a few small things around. I also got quotes for the decals, but I think I found somewhere cheaper.

I'll post up the image of the "proof" patch soon.

~Josh

jmzd4

Postby jmzd4 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:27 pm

I like the design and the logo Dub contributed. I'm definately up for some reflective stickers. they would look sweet on the Rucks. :D
The Ruckus is how I roll

HondaSpeed

Postby HondaSpeed » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:33 pm

Any updates? I want a decal 8)

Josh if you just want to make patches i could have some stickers made because I need to get some stickers made to put on my exhausts. I also need some with the website to stick on my bikes...and put some up for sale too.

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:58 pm

HondaSpeed wrote:Any updates? I want a decal 8)

Josh if you just want to make patches i could have some stickers made because I need to get some stickers made to put on my exhausts. I also need some with the website to stick on my bikes...and put some up for sale too.

I've got some exhausts that I'm going to be selling when the weather gets a hint warmer, and then I'll be ready to place an order. Right now, I've got every spare penny that I find going into my business. I have lots that I need to take care of... Lawyer, CPA & book keeping, accounting software, addition on the garage for a small store front, computer, etc...

I am in touch with a guy who's going to make the patches, and I have a friend who can help out with the stickers. I'm not interested in charging for the decals after I have them made. They advertise for our website, so I'm happy to give them out to those who will use them. The patches will probably have to have a minimal fee, but I'd just like to see people wearing them and I'll be happy. :)

Cheers!

~Josh

HondaSpeed

Postby HondaSpeed » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:00 pm

oh okay. i was going to just get em done at kinkos, but free is always better.

i didnt know you had a business. what do you do?

Mexicano

Postby Mexicano » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:42 pm

Areomyst wrote:I've got some exhausts that I'm going to be selling when the weather gets a hint warmer, and then I'll be ready to place an order. Right now, I've got every spare penny that I find going into my business. I have lots that I need to take care of... Lawyer, CPA & book keeping, accounting software, addition on the garage for a small store front, computer, etc...

I am in touch with a guy who's going to make the patches, and I have a friend who can help out with the stickers. I'm not interested in charging for the decals after I have them made. They advertise for our website, so I'm happy to give them out to those who will use them. The patches will probably have to have a minimal fee, but I'd just like to see people wearing them and I'll be happy. :)

Cheers!

~Josh

Josh,

ALL WE know your business "start" is a hard one, and I don't see any reason for you to "pay" for the patches and stickers, I guess WE ALL can contribute with some bucks (Pay-Pal) to make this "Patch & Stickers Project" a reality...how about that???....if we all contribute, let's say with some $5.00 or $10.00 Usd., this can go forward easier...what do you think guys???

Let's say, if I send Josh $10.00 usd., and i want 4 Patches and 4 stickers, once he knows the price for "my order" he can tell me if my $10.00 are o.k for that or I should send some more money or I have a balance for more...

COME ON!!!!, LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEND!!!

Just let me know if you agree and I'll be the first sending you my contribution.

Have a Nice Weekend...
‘There is only one secret in scooter tuning – to know what you are doing and do it thoroughly’

HondaSpeed

Postby HondaSpeed » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:12 pm

i could do that. i want 2 stickers and a patch. i need 2 stickers cuz symmetry is amazing and i love it....most of the time. asymmetrical things have their place, but thats not the place.

Return to “The Scooterist's Lounge”