Howdy folks

Introductions, general discussion, or material that is not scooter related.

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, scootertrog, mikal

Jim72

Howdy folks

Postby Jim72 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:59 pm

New to the forum, just wanted to say hi. I live in wv, I've owned and rode motor cycles for 25 years, but all but quit so Less than a year ago I sold my last motor cycle. So now my friend hooks me up with a 06 vino 125 with issues. I Hope with a lil help from this form to get this cuty running. I've always liked scoots with their step through frame, auto trans, simple ride.
I once had a 85-86 elite ch150 that I tried to bring back from the dead, it didn't work out so I cut my losses and sold it for pennies on the dollar. I do not want to repet that experience. Cheers, Jim

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:49 am

Welcome to the forum Jim! I hope you enjoy your stay here. What part of West VA are you from? I had family in Morgantown for a while, but they recently moved to Wisconsin.

I've done a bit of work on the Vino 125, so I could probably help out a little. In general those are pretty good, reliable engines. If you can give us some information about the problems and such, perhaps we could share some ideas.

Those old Elites are pretty fun too. I've had a few of the 80cc 4-strokes, but not the 150 - though I've worked on them a bit.

Kind Regards,

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

Jim72

Postby Jim72 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:18 am

Ok, thanks. I will be posting in the garage soon, I haven't got too deep in this lil vino yet but got it running. However it Doesn't want to pull out of its tracks. Pulling off the plastic swing arm/drive shaft cover reviled about a dollars worth of change in the form of metal shavings, yeaaaa!!!!
Like I said once I rip it apart I'll most likely be looking for some advise.
Jim

rideveryday

Re: Howdy folks

Postby rideveryday » Thu May 12, 2016 9:55 am

Had family from Huntington. Good memories of WV.
David

Return to “The Scooterist's Lounge”