Hello from Saint Louis MO

Introductions, general discussion, or material that is not scooter related.

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, scootertrog, mikal

Aphrodite

Hello from Saint Louis MO

Postby Aphrodite » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Hello I am not new to two wheels however this is my first scooter since I was 12 or so am now 41. I do not own a car only have only had Motorcycles for the last several years and recently had an electrical issue and decided to get a scooter. It was a challenge to get one I looked at several and I ran into one and had a friend take me there and i rode it back the 90 miles to get it home. Was impressed, very very impressed, cagers behaved and all that good stuff.

~Αφροδίτη -Nothing but 2 wheels
2001 E-Ton Beamer -lil"Blue"
1989 EX-500 "Viper"

Aphrodite

Postby Aphrodite » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:42 pm

This is Viper my Motorcycle he has treated me well over the years.

Still coming up with a name/sex for the scooter. So far just calling it Blue

1989 EX-500 "Viper"

rideveryday

Postby rideveryday » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:51 pm

Good scoot!

I'm glad to be the first to welcome you to the group.
When I bought my third scoot last summer I had a tough choice between a Beamer or a SYM. The SYM won, because it was a good make and less expensive.

I don't own a car either So my ride is two wheels, a Lance PCH 50.

You will be happy with your scooter.

Cheers,
David

Aphrodite

Postby Aphrodite » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:24 am

Thank you. I been fiddling with it trying to figure things out have put the rear wheel on and off 2 times and the tire too. Last time I got a tube stuck in there the PO used tire plugs and stop leak, what a mess. Ordered new light bulbs 18w just wasn't cutting it, and changed, I guess it is a rear differential, put full synthetics there.

This is the 2 stroke and I like it thus far. Been told I will have trouble, I don't see nothing to be trouble, yet.

1989 EX-500 "Viper"

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:20 am

The Eton is a really good scooter actually. I've heard a lot of people claim that 2-strokes are trouble, but it seems like those people usually aren't very familiar with the 2-stroke engines - or their better power over the 4-stroke counterparts.

Even if you do have trouble, parts are easy and cheap for the most part (you have a Minarelli horizontal engine with 10mm wrist pin). The 2-stroke is easier in many regards to work on than a 4-stroke as well. They also respond very well to performance tuning. :)

Welcome to the board, and I apologize for the delayed response!

Cheers,

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

rideveryday

Postby rideveryday » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:37 pm

Aphrodite,

Confused about the wheel. Is there a tube in the E-ton’s tire? You said something about plugs. Josh, correct me if I’m wrong. Isn’t it better to replace the tire?

2-stroke is superior in a lot of ways. My two former scoots had 2-strokes. My KeeWay smoked a lot and the exhaust backed up. ..never could get the mixture right.

I miss the two stroke, but get better mileage with the 4-stroke. ...seems to be dependable. SYM builds pretty good engines. Mtc. has consisted mainly of oil changes so far.
David

Return to “The Scooterist's Lounge”