Rasing kids the right way!

Introductions, general discussion, or material that is not scooter related.

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, scootertrog, mikal

Areomyst
Site Admin

Rasing kids the right way!

Postby Areomyst » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:08 pm

My daughter Ryann with a Vespa toy we found at Goodwill this morning!

Jennifer bounces her in her lap and sings the "Ride the pony" song. Daddy does it the right way. We sing the "Ride the scooter" song, and make 2-stroke noises!

:D:D:D

~Josh

Hyazuma

Postby Hyazuma » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:17 pm

Gotta teach em early! She's soo cute!

Hyazuma
"You sold Petie to the blind kid?"

Renegade

Postby Renegade » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:32 am

Awww! now you better start saving up to buy her one lol!
Now riding a 2014 Yamaha Zuma 50F

I'm hiding in Honduras -I'm a desperate man -Send lawyers, guns & money The s h i t has hit the fan!

Mexicano

Postby Mexicano » Thu May 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Josh,

I didn't see this post before.....your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!!!!, she looks so nice with her scooter!!!....how old is her now?????

Regards,
‘There is only one secret in scooter tuning – to know what you are doing and do it thoroughly’

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Thu May 14, 2009 2:57 pm

Mexicano wrote:Josh,

I didn't see this post before.....your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!!!!, she looks so nice with her scooter!!!....how old is her now?????

Regards,

Thanks! She's 6 months old now. She's starting to get up on her hands and knees, so I'm sure she'll be crawling very very soon! Right now she likes to roll all over the place. She's eating finger food (small pieces of bread, etc) and learning to drink from her "sippy cup".

I've always been told how fast kids grow up and all that. I always thought "Psh, yeah, whatever..." but now that Ryann doesn't fall asleep and take a nap on my chest like she did 4 months ago, I realize that I was wrong! Time DOES fly. Silly little things like taking a nap don't seem that important at first I guess. Now she just sleeps in her crib.

~Josh

Mexicano

Postby Mexicano » Thu May 14, 2009 4:11 pm

Areomyst wrote: Time DOES fly.
~Josh

Right my friend...Time Does Fly...I remember when Santiago was 6 mo. as if it was yesterday...now he is 2.5 years old and going to kindergarden!!!...when he was born, my Mom told me: "Enjoy every single moment with this baby, cause he will grow-up in a snap and you will just keep the memories"...so, enjoy your baby girl every single minute.

Here is "my baby", when he was 6 mo, 18 mo & now at 30mo.

Best Regards,
‘There is only one secret in scooter tuning – to know what you are doing and do it thoroughly’

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Thu May 14, 2009 10:39 pm

Mexicano wrote:
Areomyst wrote: Time DOES fly.
~Josh

Right my friend...Time Does Fly...I remember when Santiago was 6 mo. as if it was yesterday...now he is 2.5 years old and going to kindergarden!!!...when he was born, my Mom told me: "Enjoy every single moment with this baby, cause he will grow-up in a snap and you will just keep the memories"...so, enjoy your baby girl every single minute.

Here is "my baby", when he was 6 mo, 18 mo & now at 30mo.

Best Regards,

Santiago looks like quite the little man! Congratulations Mexicano. You have a beautiful family. Your mother was right about growing up fast and keeping the memories. I do enjoy my baby girl all the time. For better or worse she's being almost 'forced' into the world of scooter culture though. :) That's okay with me! :)

When Ryann gets a little older I'm sure I can get a picture or two of her in the shop, or on a scooter or something. :)

~Josh

Mexicano

Postby Mexicano » Fri May 15, 2009 12:32 pm

Areomyst wrote: For better or worse she's being almost 'forced' into the world of scooter culture though. :) That's okay with me! :)
~Josh

Lol...thats something familiar to me...Santiago enjoy scooters and motorcycles as I do....

Here is with his electric motocross (intended for 8-10 Year old kids)

getonit

Postby getonit » Fri May 15, 2009 12:56 pm

Mex-

That's AWESOME!! You're bringing him up right. I didn't get my first Dirt Bike 'till I was 8.

Mexicano

Postby Mexicano » Fri May 15, 2009 4:36 pm

getonit wrote:Mex-

That's AWESOME!! You're bringing him up right. I didn't get my first Dirt Bike 'till I was 8.

lol...kids grow up faster today.....I got my first motor-bike (a Vespa Ciao) at 19 years old.....

dio burnout

Postby dio burnout » Sat May 16, 2009 8:06 am

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV1KNXG9

I have two kids one 9 year old boy and 2 1/2 year old girl. I made the mistake in not spending more time with my oldest. I was always to busy with work and life. Your mother is very right in saying they grow up fast. It seem like just yesterday my son was born, now he is 9 and in the 3rd grade. I am a little better in spending time with them now. I have not miss any school, weekends, birthdays or family vacation since the birth of my second kid.
Josh just wait until you put on the Santa suit for xmas, and see the amazing smile your kid will have. One of my all time favorite moments.
Anyways you guys are right, raise your kids the right way and enjoy every moment.

Mexicano

Postby Mexicano » Sun May 17, 2009 7:58 am

dio burnout wrote:
I have two kids one 9 year old boy and 2 1/2 year old girl.

Hey dio burnout!, Thanks for sharing!...You have a nice family there, very good looking babygirl!....keep enjoying the family!

Regards,

Areomyst
Site Admin

Re: Rasing kids the right way!

Postby Areomyst » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:01 pm

Well, it's been quite a long time since we had a baby in the house, but on August 20th at 8:43pm Jennifer gave birth to another wonderful little girl. Emerson is awesome! Of course, we couldn't resist making sure that she had appropriate clothing:

~Josh
Attachments
emerson scoot 2.jpg
emerson scoot 2.jpg (65.84 KiB) Viewed 2560 times
emerson scoot 1.jpg
emerson scoot 1.jpg (201.32 KiB) Viewed 2560 times
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:02 pm

Both of those photos were taken today. She'll be 6 whole entire weeks old on Saturday! :)

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

dan v

Postby dan v » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:57 am

Congrats Josh! With all you going on, how do you get any sleep? :D
How many scoots is too many?

Return to “The Scooterist's Lounge”