47 mile ride today...

Racing? Riding? Want to meet up with other enthusiasts? You can post rides and gatherings here!

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, mikal

49ccruiser

47 mile ride today...

Postby 49ccruiser » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:07 pm

With the warm days becoming more and more scarce I left work a little early to ride with the sun still up. It turned out to be a 47 mile to and fro in the country hills of Connecticut. I passed through the sleepy quaint town of Sandy hook which looked about as far we from that awful tragedy as could be. Looped through Newtown, Southbury, Oxford and Naugatuck. I averaged 23mph which is rather nice taking all the hills into consideration.
Some nice riverside riding too.

Pete

49ccruiser

Thanks Janet

Postby 49ccruiser » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:27 pm

I recently (Friday) did an 80.6 mile cruise! Longest trip to date. With breaks I average 20mph so I did the whole thing in 4 hours. Dressing with layers and windproof clothing was key. I'm going to get an attachment for my throttle hand as it numbs out annoyingly. Not an uncommon thing I've learned. Anyway, it was nice to see the fall colors in Connecticut.

Your ride by the way seems quite unique!

Pete

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:00 pm

Hi Pete,

It's sounds like you're having a nice time with your scoot!

I don't live as far north as you, clearly, but I do ride in the winter often. I have an old second hand pair of Gordini heated gloves. They plug in to the battery, and I'm able to ride 75MPH on the highway in 30 degree with comfortable hands. If your scooter's battery/charging system can handle it, I highly recommend the heated gloves.

Last time I was in Connecticut, I was passing through in my old 1980-something Saab 900 Turbo on my way to Brookline Mass for "Sweedish Car Day". I believe that was 2003. It seems like a lot of the North East is really quite beautiful!

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

Return to “Races, Gatherings and Rides”