Twist & Gone 2014

Racing? Riding? Want to meet up with other enthusiasts? You can post rides and gatherings here!

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, mikal

MIke Florek

Twist & Gone 2014

Postby MIke Florek » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:06 pm

The registration page is open. The date for this year's event is Saturday, OCTOBER 11
- details -
http://usascooterracing.com/?page_id=1813

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:57 pm

Welcome Mike, and thanks for posting! I've enjoyed catching up with you at the last two events. This year will be interesting as it's at a different track. So far we've got the "usual suspects" planning on riding out with me.

We might snag a couple rooms at the hotel down the road from Bunker Hill dragstrip instead of camping. I'm not sure yet, as we haven't discussed it much. On top of that, I haven't done anything with my Super 9 since the Spring Nationals! I suppose I'll need to do something about that. :)

Ciao!

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

MIke Florek

Postby MIke Florek » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:33 pm

Thank you.
The link is valid and the address for the location is good. The artwork shows the old site in Southern Indiana but this new location promises to open new opportunities. Bunker Hill Dragstrip is near Kokomo (1.5 hours north of Indianapolis) and is just over the hill from the Air Force base. Looking forward to meeting as you call the "usual suspects" and new faces too!

MIKE

greg531

Postby greg531 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:09 pm

I think you are going to have more than a few Michigan People there this year....
There is talk in the club about a gang of us going.....
1963 Vespa GL-150
2009 Aprilia Scarabeo 200
2005 Typhoon with:
70cc Corsa Kit
Laser Pro-X exhaust
4.0 gram Dr. Pulley sliders
20.5 Delorto carb
80 jet

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:23 am

Unless something changes very soon, I don't think we're going to be able to make the trip. There's not enough interest around here this year to make it worthwhile. Typically we get serveral guys together and all split the cost of fuel, lodging, etc... When you split it several ways like that, it becomes quite economical. Driving all the way out there for two people stings a bit.

I'll keep everyone posted. Would love to come out! I think the scooter crowd will dominate at the dragstrip that day. :)

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

Return to “Races, Gatherings and Rides”