NASRA Spring Nationals 2014 - Shelby NC April Details TBA

Racing? Riding? Want to meet up with other enthusiasts? You can post rides and gatherings here!

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, mikal

2strokd

Postby 2strokd » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:29 pm

That thing is cool!
Silent stalker 8)
The CVT is seriously underestimated by some!
01 CPI Misketo MZ49cc to70 to103cc-Drag scooter
03 Kymco Cobra (SF10)49cc- Daily driver

Enviromoto

Postby Enviromoto » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Stock appearance was put in place to keep guys from basically running sprinters in the scooter classes. Not that they aren't rad but I feel that those types of builds belong in the sprinter class. So if you show up with a let's say a honda elite that's stretched out with no floorboard it's not going to fly. If your kymco comes out with carbon fiber body work but still looks like the genuine article you'll be good to go.

What your doing to help us put on this event is very much appreciated. As you know this was all kinda thrown together at the last possible moment. I know whatever you come up with will be super rad.

Thanks for the support!

Enviromoto

Postby Enviromoto » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:25 pm

Areomyst wrote:
I don't think that Daniel's being silly honestly. I have a 50cc Honda Express with a 50cc Minarelli engine in it from a Beamer.

This is exactly why we chose not to do motor swaps in some classes. I think what you built is rad. But if we let that fly next thing you know the bulk of the racers in that class will pitch a fit and then I loose five guys for letting one bike run. This way you can buy a bike build it out and not have to worry about franken bikes. Bikes that will be lighter and much faster than even the 70cc class more than likely.

Enviromoto

Postby Enviromoto » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:28 pm

Don't forget you can enter up to three bikes per race entry but no bike swaps are allowed. Meaning only the racer that has entered can run all three bikes in different classes.

ALSO we are doing double elem bracket racing, heads up class racing, and king of the hill. You're gonna be worn out by the time this is over!

ottoman

Postby ottoman » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:07 pm

I applaud Jeremy for tackling the whole scooter racing thing... we all know its not a job for the meek. You can never please everyone but I think Jeremy did it right by getting the racers involved with the rules for next year. I think they are a great starting point and I am sure they can/will be tweaked if needed in future years.
Wishing the Spring nats were a little closer but on the other hand I now have two events in my home state :D

SPT_Tr0LL

Postby SPT_Tr0LL » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:09 pm

Shoot, Jeremy is GOD when it comes to this. No one else had the balls to start it in the US and others laughed about it when I would talk about it. Now there amazed when I tell them some of the times these guys are running down the track. I'm just glad he decided to come down south cause I've been wanting to attend a T&G since the start when we were ANTISOCIAL and never have been about to make it. I support him at everything he does, if it hadn't been for him and our other brothers I would've never learned anything about my scoot and would still be running 35 instead of 50.

DanielO.

Postby DanielO. » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:31 pm

ROFL... :roll: Now I know how Smokey Yunick felt.....

SPT_Tr0LL

Postby SPT_Tr0LL » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:13 pm

Any of you guys from around the Upstate SC or Rutherfordton? Looking to get a group of people to ride Saturday morning to the event. I f interested let me know and we'll setup a meet spot and go from there.

Enviromoto

Postby Enviromoto » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:19 pm

DanielO. wrote:ROFL... :roll: Now I know how Smokey Yunick felt.....

You feel like Smokey Yunick? I don't see the comparison.

DanielO.

Postby DanielO. » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:15 pm

I wasn't comparing myself to him, and you wouldn't, you haven't got the faintest clue about my background....... I only implied that I understand how he felt about Bill France... that being that I am the Asshole who doesn't get it...

by the way, you probably qualify for tax exempt status now that you have religious followers...

Enviromoto

Postby Enviromoto » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:33 pm

Do all motorsports have this much drama?

DanielO.

Postby DanielO. » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:00 pm

If you have to ask, you don't know the half of it... Y'all have fun, and don't let me spoil it...

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:48 am

I am meeting in the morning with the caterers to nail down the details. :) Should be fun!
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:16 pm

Planning the dinner of hotdogs, fries, and burgers with assorted soda. For Saturday a coffee and pastry breakfast might be in order, with a repeat of dinner's menu around lunch-ish time. Still hashing out the details, but met this morning with my friend. This should work out nicely!

Now I just need to get my new engine built in time! :P

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

ottoman

Postby ottoman » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:33 pm

Enviromoto wrote:Do all motorsports have this much drama?

Unfortunately... Yes :(

Return to “Races, Gatherings and Rides”