Scouting Race Tracks.

Racing? Riding? Want to meet up with other enthusiasts? You can post rides and gatherings here!

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, mikal

Areomyst
Site Admin

Scouting Race Tracks.

Postby Areomyst » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:29 pm

I've been trying to make an effort to scout out some tracks and talking to people who would be interested in letting us race scooters. I'm targeting the bigger tracks that have nice go-cart courses on them in hopes of making a track day, even if it's only for an hour, where we can go open up our bikes. Hopefully over time this will grow and we can have a small endurance race or somesuch.

I stopped at two tracks on the way back from Northern Virginia the other week. The first, was "South Boston Speedway". The people there didn't seem too terribly interested, but I will have to follow up with an e-mail to see if they might entertain our needs. It's a circle track, so I don't feel it's particularly exciting but then again, I didn't think drag racing would be exciting either and I was dead nuts wrong about that.

They were kind enough to let me take photos. Here is the South Boston Speedway:

I also stopped at Virginia International Raceway. This is only about an hour away from me in Haw River. They were much more optimistic about the event, but the guy I needed to really talk to wasn't there. I left my card and a whole earful of information with the person who received me. They were willing to let me go to the track and take photos, but unfortunately a large part of the complex was closed for some scheduled factory racing. Looks like GM had some private time on the track that weekend.

Here is (what little) I was able to snap of VIR:

Here is a youtube video of the kart track that I would like us to get some time on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBSbgIY8xL8

It's a slow progress since I'm so incredibly busy, but I will follow up with both of these as time allows. Hopefully we can build up in the future to some small endurance races sanctioned by NASRA, and get this thing growing!

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

Return to “Races, Gatherings and Rides”