Motorcycle and Scooter Drag Races and show.

Racing? Riding? Want to meet up with other enthusiasts? You can post rides and gatherings here!

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, mikal

dirtyd

Postby dirtyd » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:50 pm

This is my best 1/8.

We had a blast! This track is really nice! The event was $15 to spectate and ONLY $10 TO RACE!!! $25 Total to get as many runs as I could get in!

This track stays busy and there are two to three days a week worth of racing so there was quite a crowd that showed up today. There weren't as many scooters as I thought there might be, but more spectators and sportbike racers. Didn't matter though, there were enough scooters there that brought competition. Josh was the only one that didn't really have that competition. He did great today!

Vid of the local scooter guys at the track! And of course, Josh is representin'.

We didn't get the looks that I thought we would being in line with bike that did 150mph in that 1/8. People seemed really interested that we were racing scooters! All in all, I'd say this was an amazing event and the people running the track really seemed enthusiastic about what we are doing.

I spent last night over at Josh's tuning the sym on the dyno and that coupled with today's experience has brought to me some great insight as to what I need to do to get my engine competetive with the other scooters.
I am excited as hell to think of the future and what we can do!

Thanks to Mike and Josh for bringing this to my attention, and making sure we went![/url]
'05 MZ Moskito
'06 SYM Jet Euro X 72cc
'09 Kymco Agility 50
'?? POS chinese gy6 junk
Tacos

zombie

Postby zombie » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:14 am

Areomyst wrote:It's funny, looking at the video. I'm going to put my front body plastics on the scooter and find something more "aerodynamic" to do with my legs. Heh.

~Josh

SuperMan! Great times...
Addicted to 2 stroke 50cc:
I don't use the choke. I warm my fuel in a spoon, and inject it into the vacuum line.

2strokd

Postby 2strokd » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:50 am

:lol: Bud beats Pepsi once again!!!

This is soo cool to see others get into drag racing!!! You guys rock!
Very interesting from another (US) racers view. Too cool 8) !

Looked like a blast! Good passes!! Any day racing is a good day!

I agree superman,.... uhum (excuse me) Josh :wink: . Maybe put your legs back up front and hide em behind a front plastic?..
The CVT is seriously underestimated by some!
01 CPI Misketo MZ49cc to70 to103cc-Drag scooter
03 Kymco Cobra (SF10)49cc- Daily driver

Enviromoto

Postby Enviromoto » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:14 pm

Really nice turnout for your first event.

Way to represent!!!!

zombie

Postby zombie » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:48 pm

A friend on KF (Vivo) has posted up some picts of home made foot pegs/crash bars made of Nylon rod. They call it engineering plastic. I am planning on a few strategically placed pegs myself. Adding foot pegs to get low w/ my feet back, and also protect my pipe on one side, and the engine case on the other. It appears an easy mod.
http://www.directplasticsonline.co.uk/
This link may open many new doors...
Addicted to 2 stroke 50cc:

I don't use the choke. I warm my fuel in a spoon, and inject it into the vacuum line.

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:27 am

I'm slow going on getting those pictures together! Sorry guys.

I have to take a minute and sincerely thank Mike and his better half, Phyllis for grilling out, and in general being most excellent hosts for having our little "scooter corner" of the pits. They knew a lot of the people there who weren't in the scooters, but they also knew some of the track management which I think helped get us in the spotlight a little. Mike and Phyllis saved us crazy guys from starvation and dehydration induced death for sure!

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

dirtyd

Postby dirtyd » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:10 pm

Areomyst wrote:I have to take a minute and sincerely thank Mike and his better half, Phyllis for grilling out, and in general being most excellent hosts for having our little "scooter corner" of the pits. Mike and Phyllis saved us crazy guys from starvation and dehydration induced death for sure!

They did make the day even better didn't they?! I couldn't thank them enough!
'05 MZ Moskito
'06 SYM Jet Euro X 72cc
'09 Kymco Agility 50
'?? POS chinese gy6 junk
Tacos

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:34 pm

I haven't taken the time to label each photo, but here's our drag race extravaganza!

"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

Enviromoto

Postby Enviromoto » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:10 pm

Nice group for your first outing. The track looks very nice. 11's ain't nothing to laugh at, thats for sure.

Return to “Races, Gatherings and Rides”