3rd Annual Baltimore Scooter Show-July 21st 2012

Racing? Riding? Want to meet up with other enthusiasts? You can post rides and gatherings here!

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, mikal

charmcityscooters

3rd Annual Baltimore Scooter Show-July 21st 2012

Postby charmcityscooters » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:00 am

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:58 am

Well damn! It just so happens that I'm going to be up in Washington DC that weekend! I might just have to swing in. I will be in a rental cage (car...) but I sure wish I had time to get my Ruck on the road before then.

Will keep you posted! Thank you very much for sharing.

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:28 pm

I'll be there. Going to be in the area anyway. I'm going to be caging it, but greatly look foward to the event! I'll bring my camera.

~Josh

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:02 am

Aw crumbs. I never did update this. I'll go get my SD card...

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:54 pm

First things first!

As an avid scooterist, I do not own a car that I trust to drive long distances, and I can't steal the minivan from my wife and kids. If I want to do something like drive 1,250 miles in 3 days I have to rent a vehicle or use public transportation. Hertz was the least expensive rental in a pinch, so I went with them (Hey, can't beat $20 a day!). That said, I will be pleased if I never have to sit inside of a Nissan Versa ever again in my life! What a totally uncomfortable little sorry excuse of a cage. After an hour of driving my back was hurting bad. The seats are terrible. I ended up getting a pair of pants out of my bag, rolling them up and putting them behind my back. I'm sure those seats are comfortable to some engineer who designed them (perhaps with scoliosis in mind?) but for me it was miserable.
Behold - the Comfort Bane! The new 2012 Nissan Versa.

I think the rainy weather scared off a lot of would-be attendees. There were a whole whole lot of Chinese scooters there from the hosting dealer. Forgive me, I didn't take photos of any of the gobs of China stuff, or the fake Rucks. I got to meet John from ComposiMo, which was neat. There were a lot of other cool dudes there hanging around the Ruckus crowd, including a guy who got the Ecotrons Fuel Injection running like a boss on his GY6 that was modified to the gills.

After the long drive and Northern Virginia/DC/MD traffic, I was pretty beat and didn't hand out as long as I probably should have. These guys put a lot of work into organizing this thing, I could tell that for sure, and if it wasn't rainy I'm sure the turnout would have been MUCH larger.

I'll quit rambling. Here:

Return to “Races, Gatherings and Rides”