Meiduo velocity scooter

Post questions about anything from latest and greatest automatics, to the tried and true vintage scooters!

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, scootertrog

xnight

Meiduo velocity scooter

Postby xnight » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:57 pm

Thanks for the add! And I have a question for you guys, just bought this 2012 meiduo/kaikai velocity scooter 150cc, on the skid plate on the right side there was what looks like an on off switch. DEFINETLY factory because it had a mount on the plate... Both wires came off and I have no clue where they go or what the switch does. Picture is attached switch was on the bottom right of image. The original skid plate was mangled so I ordered a new one.
Thanks!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (104.81 KiB) Viewed 2082 times

Areomyst
Site Admin

Re: Meiduo velocity scooter

Postby Areomyst » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:26 pm

I'm not aware of any factory switch that would be there. Maybe something for LED lighting or somesuch... Can you get a closer/more clear photo of the specific area you're referring to? I see on the bottom right mounting tab it looks a lot different from the opposite side.

Ciao!

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

xnight

Postby xnight » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:49 pm

That square hole on the bottom right is where the switch snaps in. Picture is what switch looks like.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (43.39 KiB) Viewed 2079 times

Areomyst
Site Admin

Postby Areomyst » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:49 pm

It really just looks like a switch that someone would've added for LED lighting effects or something similar. I have never seen one of those switches come from the factory on any Chinese scooters. I could be mistaken.

What colors are the wires that are loose? I suppose you could trace the wiring and see what component the wires go to, or perhaps you could do some testing with a meter to determine function further.

~Josh
"The more a man learns, the more he realizes how little he knows."

xnight

Postby xnight » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:36 pm

Wires were either disconnected or got disconnected when I removed the plate, no big deal I guess, scooter runs, must have been like you said, custom lighting... Previous owner didn't even know it was there lol.
Thanks anyway!

Return to “Scooter Workshop”