TaoTao Scooter won't start

Post questions about anything from latest and greatest automatics, to the tried and true vintage scooters!

Moderators: SLOWRIDER, Areomyst, scootertrog

Joseph

TaoTao Scooter won't start

Postby Joseph » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:06 pm

First time on the forum. Please bear with me....
A needy friend with a 2014 Tao Tao 50cc Scooter brought it to me because it wouldn't start. I figured a little thing like that would be simple. Not so! Knowing about carb problems, I replaced the carburetor, new battery, and spark plug. Still won't start. It IS getting gas, and the float tank is full. I can make it sputter with gas spray into intake, so there is spark as I've seen with the plug out. What am I missing? It was running fine (less than 3K miles) until it just wouldn't start.
Can anyone help me? Need more info?
Thanks in advance, Joseph

Raindrop586

Postby Raindrop586 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:15 pm

First thing i would do is check for spark . take plug out but leave in coil having some one touch it while you try to start . dont hurt much lil zappy . if it dont zapp theres your problem . but its gonna be along the line of some type of ground i bet like to the brake levers for the kill switch ive run into same .follow all your kill wires first . but deff check for spark , just cause the coil is new it might not be getting power ?

rideveryday

Postby rideveryday » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:38 pm

Sometimes professional help is not available.
Does it trun over?
David

Luvinlifenude

Re: TaoTao Scooter won't start

Postby Luvinlifenude » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:09 am

I have a tao tao 50 2013 when i had this problem it took me a while but for me it was a vaccum leak inspect hoses sometimes they will appear like they are in good condition but any little crack will really make them hard to run

Return to “Scooter Workshop”